Friday 21 March 2008

Continuing Noise, Lunching Out and Room Options

The noise mystery continues. I only hear it in the kitchen and in the hall near the kitchen. But when I am in the kitchen it sounds as though it is coming from upstairs. I will have to consult Dorothy and Julian when I see them on Sunday.

I am waiting for the Easter shopping to arrive from Ocado, then I am due to meet the SE1 group at Dragon Castle for lunch. I am bit nervous about this as they are nearly all quite young compared with me. (Almost anyone is, really). I shall then come back and clean the silver which will be quite tedious, then start thinking about preparing for Sunday.

I shall spend some time tomorrow seeking blue candles, otherwise I shall use my pink and red or white table options, but had quite wanted to use the blue. The thing is, with a white room, just by putting a few bright things in, you can change the entire look of the room, i.e. with a deep pink rug and tablecloth and red mats and coasters, napkins and candles, it looks quite bright and cheerful. With my silver candlesticks, white linen napkins and white flowers it looks pleasantly formal, and I am also trying for a blue look, for a further change. So far I have a good mid blue tablecloth with turquoise hints, blue napkins and some blue glass. When I find some blue or turquoise candles I will be there. I may also have some cushions to blend in with these looks.

No comments: