Friday 7 March 2008

Friday morning - Lilies, New TV and Broken Maple Syrup Bottle


A lovely sunny day outside. The lilies Leslie B brought to dinner are now blooming, a pale pink colour. Together with the Mother's Day flowers brought by Dorothy and Julian, I am feeling quite spoiled. I cannot find my camera, but when I do will take some snaps of these - found it again - here they are.

The trouble with having telly cameras etc. all over your house is that you tend to stow everything away, and it takes ages to find things again.

Ocado dropped the shopping into my kitchen today. They managed to save the eggs, but unfortunately when I unpacked, the maple syrup bottle had broken and spilled all over the floor, my worktop and two stools, the bottom of a bag of flour and my clothes. Took ages to clear it all up. Annoying as the maple syrup was to cook some pears in, so will have to rapidly purchase more. Will also have to go on a hunt for Angostura bitters, since Ocado don't sell it, and I have redeveloped a taste for champagne cocktails, which get you drunk very quickly at the beginning of an evening, so you can hold back on the wine for the rest of the night. If you want to.

Dorothy emailed me to say a new television would arrive some time after ten from Amazon. No doubt at about 5.45pm, but we will see. Dorothy and Julian have kindly ordered this, so when it comes I will have to purchase a new indoor aerial. Perhaps it will save my left leg since I will now be able to watch TV upstairs instead of all twisted around on my bed.

No comments: