Sunday 14 June 2009

Another Dinner Party

Went to an SE1 dinner party last night. The flat was lovely, on the sixth floor with fantastic views all over London. As usual, I was the only oldie, with two young couples and another young singleton. Lovely starter, a crisp spicy squid salad with a Thai influence, followed by a main of salmon wrapped in prosciutto accompanied by small roast potatoes and onions, with baby sweetcorn, carrots and peas. The pudding was a very good orange cake soaked in Grand Marnier, with orange and pink grapefruit. The wines were excellent and I imbibed far too much as usual, and finished with coffee and chocolates. I lurched off into the night feeling distinctly unsteady. I arrived home to find Julian had fed Kooky, who had apparently been wandering around the flat and managed to knock my kitchen utensil container into the sink - in a bid for freedom, I assume, examining the kitchen window over the sink, which fortunately was firmly locked.

Visiting all these smart apartments, I am somewhat concerned about my grotty old flat and the complete lack of space for my dinner party next Saturday. I am also rather concerned about Kooky's reaction. I shall have to shut him in the studio for the duration.

No comments: