Saturday 6 June 2009

Cavalry Arrived

Contacted Dorothy and Julian. They are trying to get hold of a vet who will come and put him out of his misery, and will ring back. Rather a tall order anyway, but particularly at a weekend I should think.

Malvolio just threw himself onto the floor again so I put the goatskin rug on the carpet and he crept on to it.

Dorothy and Julian arrived and discovered that a domiciliary visit is not an option but that there is a cat ambulance who would take him to the veterinary clinic in Elizabeth Street who would put him down, but Julia felt that he was peaceful and that nature will take it's course, but left the number with me just in case. They have gone off to do a bit of shopping for me as I just can't leave the house with all this going on. I nearly poured myself a stiff drink, then remembered I was taking antihistamines.

Malvolio has now crawled back into the studio. I have been persuaded that he should get the animal ambulance to Elizabeth Street and be put down - Dorothy thinks he could go on for days just dragging himself about and being in more and more pain, so the ambulance is arriving in a couple of hours and they are coming back to help.

No comments: