Sunday 21 June 2009

Sunday Morning After

Just slightly jaded this morning: SE1 dinner party last night, which did not break up until just after 4.30am today, when it was growing light outside.

I think it could be described as a success, with a hearty consumption of food and alcohol. Jo's starter was excellent, the wines were very good and Nomad's pud was light and delicious. The Nigella ham cooked in Coca Cola went down well, as did the cold poached chicken with creamy lemon sauce. I demonstrated my uranium glass with a black light torch and my guests were suitably impressed by this curiosity, but rather concerned that a Geiger counter might make a rather fast clicking noise in the vicinity. Kooky survived the invasion, shut in my studio, and indeed ate rather heartily last night.

No comments: