Thursday 11 June 2009

Kookie Problems

Early Friday morning and not a peep from Kookie. He is still hiding under the sofa, but I did hear him walking about once during the night. He has not touched the food and water I put out for him last night, which is rather worrying, and he has not had a pee, on examining his tray, which is close to his hiding place. I do hope he will settle in a bit soon. I was hoping that when people left last night he might become a bit less coy, but no signs of this so far. We shall see. He is taking no interest in food this morning. I have tapped his dish and rattled the dry cat food, as well as having a cooked breakfast myself. All to no effect.

I finally took his bowl to where he was hiding, but while I went away he disappeared. There was a big lump in my bed, and I found him hiding under the top thermal mattress, boiling hot. I am becoming a bit more worried about him. He has slipped away back into my room so I shall see if he has returned there. A bit of a nightmare, really. Oh dear, he was back there again. I have pulled him out and sprinkled some catmint on top of it and put my comforter over him, in the hope that he will stay on top of it. The thermal mattress is very heavy and hot, and with no food and drink and his thick coat I am very unhappy about him being underneath it.

No comments: