Friday 5 June 2009

More misery

During the night he crawled into the studio. I went to the loo and on my way back to bed I saw he had crawled to the studio door by my feet. I lifted him and put him on my bed where he stayed all night, just moving around now and then to get more comfortable. Early today he slipped off the bed while I was asleep and crept slowly back to the goatskin rug in the hall. I put the heating on as it has turned very cold and there is a radiator nearby.

I just heard a tiny mew and found him dragging himself upstairs to the kitchen. He ignored the water and some milk and went outside into the rain. I think he is determined to die outside, but will leave the door open in case he wants to come back in again. It really is awful, I have hardly slept, just dropped off for a few minutes at a time, and can't stop crying. I just went outside to check on him and the black and white cat was under the bushes and poor old Malvolio was sitting in the rain so I chased the other cat off, and Malvolio has now crawled back to his usual place under the bushes, and I think the garden umbrella will help keep the rain off. It is not working as I can't get it close to where he is lying so I have put my umbrella over him stuck in the bushes above which seems more effective.

No comments: