Sunday 7 June 2009

Sunday Morning

I am grateful for Dorothy's wise advice about Malvolio. We shall scatter his ashes in his garden. Somehow it seemed suitable that I woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. Madeleine reminded me of Malvolio's disappearance when the ITV cameras were around - clever cat! and with hindsight, wiser than me.

Received some pictures of my great-niece this morning. A pretty baby, Violet.

Spoke to Nibby and had a long discussion about the great value of pets to us. She has to shut Willow, her Siamese, in another room at night to try and get more undisturbed sleep since Willow seems rather typical of her breed in being noisy and temperamental. The vet was surprised that Malvolio had lived so long with diabetes, he said the average even with treatment was only two or three years.

Romy has sent me news of even more kittens in Spain, which will cause a human depopulation soon, I suspect. I can see them growing and mutating, slipping into houses to pinch the food, watching villages from the trees for anyone leaving a house so they can slip in en masse and colonise the place. We shall see.

No comments: