Friday 5 June 2009

Watching and Waiting

Poor old Malvolio. He is asleep now and seems to want to be left alone. The food I thought he had eaten last night was consumed by another cat who managed to get in. Julian has seen him and thinks he may have a terminal case of cat 'flu and just wants to die in peace. I find it very hard to just leave him - my instinct is to drag him off to the vet, but it is too late today anyway now. I shall pop out and see him during the night and make a decision in the morning as the vet is open then. I somehow think he may die soon. He is obviously very ill, and may have pneumonia. I had noticed he sounded a bit wheezy recently, but put it down to old age. The trouble is I suspect that the diabetes has compromised his immunity which is why he may have caught some vile bug from the two cats who hang around outside. I have been Googling and it does seem that cats do hide somewhere outside when they are going to die, and just want to be left alone.

No comments: