Sunday 7 June 2009

More Cat Stuff

Julian is going to see the cat which is an indoor cat, i.e. suitable for them if I don't like it. I feel very unfaithful to Malvolio, even considering having another cat. In fact the house has been strangely silent. I was definitely going to wait for a few weeks before acquiring another cat. My ideal would have been female, at least two or three years old if not older like myself, probably about nine to twelve in cat terms, an outdoor cat to defend itself against the vile cats around here, and quite probably a well marked silver tabby like my old cat Bacon, who was a very good artist's model. It is probably not to be, though. I can see a large black male monster arriving at any moment. We shall see. At least it has had decent owners, it is fully vaccinated and microchipped.

The house seems amazingly empty and silent. Though in the night I heard a neighbouring cat trying to get in through the catflap which I have now locked. The general air of peace is slightly disconcerting, but somehow healing. It has given me time to think about the fifteen years I spent with Malvolio.

No comments: