Monday 8 June 2009

Kooky, Maybe

I went to examine the possible new incumbent last night with Julian who was very excited about the prospect. Kooky currently resides in Abbey Wood with a lovely Polish family whose daughter, unfortunately, is allergic to him. He is neutered, chipped, jabbed etc. I have to say he lived up to his photographs. He is black, fluffy, and rather enormous with a huge fluffy tail. He has a very large round head. He is four years old and I suspect has been a little overindulged in the food department. The family are very fond of him and reluctant to let him go, understandably. Of course, Julian fell for him straight away. As soon as I saw him I knew it was a foregone conclusion, and unless they have a change of mind, he will be delivered here on Thursday evening. This will give him time to settle in before I have to go back to work. I shall keep him in for a week or so and butter his paws (if I can catch him!). I may get some Feliway to make him feel at home. We shall see.

It does seem wrong to acquire another cat so soon after poor Malvolio's demise, but Julian is so excited about Kooky that he may as well take over my residence. I am used to being a cat slave, after all. I am not totally convinced that they will bring him on Thursday, but will report back. Julian thinks an addition to his name could be Wookiee, after some mythic hairy beasts in a film so Kooky-Wookiee may well be his full name, poor sod. Must find out what make of food he eats.

No comments: