Saturday 6 June 2009

Farewell Fetish My Furry Friend

It's the end of an era. Fifteen years with Fetish, a Bermondsey Boy from a cat rescue, misrepresented as long haired, but grew into a medium haired mog. Always in 'brave' fights (i.e. wounds to the face and head rather than the rear) causing abscesses when young. He settled down eventually but was always a bit punchy. He very quickly learned how to headbutt the catflap and get into the house as a small kitten. Will be very sadly missed.

I had to finally get the animal ambulance to Elizabeth Street, where they agreed that he was very definitely on his last legs, and gave him several injections which eventually dispatched him, poor boy.

I have to say I am glad now that I did this, after sleepless nights and stir-crazy days, creeping about the house and not daring to upset him by making too much noise. He might have gone on for another week, in more and more pain, resisting the inevitable. I had a large Remy Martin in the lye torng, and a chat with Felipe, before carrying home a Thai chicken curry. I shall no doubt be in and out of complete misery for some time, but at least I felt I did finally do the right thing, against my instincts.

1 comment:

The Lady Miss Jo Jo said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your cat.