Wednesday 10 June 2009

Back to Work Again

Wednesday today. Romy due back tomorrow, and possibly Kooky-Wookiee tomorrow evening. Have left a message with the current owners to let me know which catfood he eats and how much, though I suspect a diet may be required. He probably eats anything he can get his claws on. We shall see.

Work today, working on annual report and figures for this. Rainy and vile this morning but the sun is now out. I am still missing Malvolio - the worst thing is that he went downhill so fast, so I did not have time to adjust to the inevitable. I think I was fooled by finding the hairball, thinking it was why he had lost his appetite, then when the food had been eaten it gave me a false sense of security. After I discovered it had been eaten by the other cat I realised how ill he was. I found a water bowl in the bushes yesterday where I had put it for him to drink. Julian wants to scatter his ashes in the Peace Garden.

Call from Kooky's current owners: seems he likes anything, particularly cheap catfood, has a meal in the morning and evening and a very little dry food in between, with occasional raw meat. Sounds fine. I may make some home-made cat food if I can get the recipe from Nibby to give him a change of diet. I seem to remember it consisted of cooked rice mixed with chicken , previously cooked until it is dropping to bits, then deboned and pureed, with some herbs, before being placed in balls in an individual tart tin and frozen, then wrapped and left in the freezer to be defrosted before use. I shall check with her anyway. I think it is higher protein than commercial catfood and therefore less likely to cause diabetes. My previous vet thought that high-carb commercial catfood had given Malvolio diabetes, so this is something to watch out for.

Maybe he won't show up. Julian is already talking of getting a female cat to keep him company but I have said no to this. If he doesn't come, the female cat is an option, but this time I shall find it, probably at the Celia Hammond place.

No comments: